Friday, June 26, 2009


IT's my Birthday!!

Now if I could just remember how old I am. Oh my, or do the math. Never mind, let's skip that part, though I am accepting gifts in the form of service.

We are signing for our house, FINALLY. As usual, the Chastain "summer vacation" did not go as planned. We MUST move this weekend, and have this house clean by Wednesday(July 1). Also, the other house is not clean(at all) and then there is the little matter of packing and shifting lots of large furniture.

My red van is gone. I am sad. I have been driving Ben's white van which I am told will be mine for the duration. I can't come to grips with it. Someone told me they were selling an 8 passenger vehicle when this first happened. The kind she mentioned, I had never heard of. Once I saw it, I could not get it out of my head. As it turns out, we cannot afford it, at all. But now I am always thinking how nice it would have been. Then I feel guilty for not being happy with what I've got. The truth is, I have cared very little what we drove over the years, as long as my children and stroller/groceries fit. Why am I suddenly so taken with this particular car? No idea.

Back to my birthday. It's a strange thing. My mother told me that they almost changed it to the day I was adopted in October. It would have changed who all my friends were, because my grade in school would have been different. Just a random thought. As it turned out, my parents had three more children, 2 born in June and one July 1st. So, I fit right in. Funny how little things like that make a difference.

Enough philosophical birthday musings. However, I just want to say I will NOT be celebrating my birthday in the same manner as my sister chose to observe hers yesterday. I will NOT be filing for divorce. I will NOT be having a tattoo changed from Kanji to a flower. I will NOT be drinking margaritas or going to a dog park. Now there IS a difference!

(my computer will currently NOT let me add a picture. I'll try later)

1 comment:

lrh said...

Happy belated birthday. Hope you celebrated in a way that made you feel special.

About Me

My photo
I am a homeschooling mom who enjoys many things, but has time for very few, at the moment , at least.