Friday, September 05, 2008

I have been busy, but also mulling things over. A friend said that I just need to move past the guilt. It is true. All of you, my friends have been SOO supportive, and non judgemental. THANK YOU! I have come to the conclusion that a large part of my identity as a woman/mom included "teacher". It was HARD to let that go. Aside from the logistical snafus that will entail any time you are on a schedule that someone else chooses, school is actually OK. Of course, I do not agree with everything that goes on. For example, what IS this business that Jeanette is not allowed to check out books above her tested reading level? I mean she is not trying to read War and Peace, just an American Girl book that we don't happen to own. Whatever, we will get it from the public library, or, I will check it out myself, as I have persuaded the librarian to allow Anna to use the library. Trinity had a harder adjustment, she still wants to PLAY. She should! On the other hand, it is nice to have someone else hold her accountable for some things. But I do wish the teacher had not used the example of the "tooth fairy" to point out differences between American children and Chinese children.
onto the FRIDAY FUNNY

#1 I was emptying the dishwasher and was just about to close it when Jeanette hollered, "wait!" She reached in and pulled out............. a shoe! IT belonged to Liberty. Truth be told, her feet HAD smelled in those shoes, I guess she wanted to clean them. I had found the one, but missed the other that now sports a burn mark on the top where it rested against the element.

#2 We have been reading "Making brothers and Sisters Best Friends" and came to the place where we discussed Humility and how it is the key to all relationships. At the end of Bible study Jeanette finally spoke up with a question I guess she had been pondering for a while, " I thought humility was when it was hot!"

1 comment:

lrh said...

Too funny. The shoe thing sounds like omething Krystal would have tried. True humility is such a struggle. Some big topics being discussed at your house.

About Me

My photo
I am a homeschooling mom who enjoys many things, but has time for very few, at the moment , at least.