Friday, May 15, 2009







Mother's Day


I sent cards to our mothers and grandmothers this year, but could not squeeze gifts out of our budget. I know the family was a little concerned about what to do for me. Ben and Joel solved the problem. They went crabbing on the bay with their friends. I LOVE crab. With help from Michael, they prepared a meal for mother's day. It was fantastic!












As we were about to sit down, Ben received a phone call. His friend was bored at his job, and wanted Ben and Joel to come hang out. He is a beach chair attendant. Ben explained that he could not go as it was mother's day. Edgar(the friend) offered a free chair, umbrella, and possibly kayak, if only I would come, too. I thought about it for 5 minutes. HMM, did I want to go sit on the beach on mother's day. Michael sealed it when he offered to keep Grant and Liberty. It was a gorgeous day at the beach.




Joel, Edgar, Ben



Savannah got me these! In the Philippines they are called "chom poi." I believe they are seasoned, dried plums. I have loved these since I was introduced to them in Vietnam when I was five! Savannah said people were looking at her strangely when she said they were my mother's day gift. Everyone else was purchasing chocolate macadamia nuts for their moms. She told them she has a weird mom. I said that made me proud!

2 comments:

lrh said...

Sounds like a good mothers day to me.

Anonymous said...

Laura, this is excellent!!
I was wondering if I should feel guilty by wanting a no-kid day for Mother's Day?! I mean, I greatly enjoy all the kids and extended family and LOVED spending it with my sister's family and our Mom. But....I really like just-me time, too. So a balance is good. Cool pics - yummy dinner from very creative teenaged sons!!

About Me

My photo
I am a homeschooling mom who enjoys many things, but has time for very few, at the moment , at least.