Saturday, May 09, 2009

Ok, so Melinda linked me to some kind of Super sized family list. Today's post is on Road trips.

I NEVER drive through the night. I have a game plan for ime, but I am not a slave to the clock or mileage. If kids have to go to the bathroom or just stretch, that is ok with me. We do not own DVD players or game boys. On the reverse, we also do not sing rounds or join in hand slapping games. We DO bring alaptop that we hook up to the sound sysytem and strap to a stool so the whole car can see. We only watch a movie after everyone seems REALLY bored, and then usually only one. For a 10-12 hour trip, we MIGHT watch two. I carry snacks and drinks, but we stop to eat, so we can get out and stretch. Everyone gets to bring their own bags of stuff to do. We try to get where we are going by supper time. By then, I am done. We like to play mad-libs and some times "are we there yet" games. The kids like to be assigned a certain color car to look for, and jeep/punchbuggy spotting is popular. Though no punching is allowed. Ben has an ipod, but Savannah puts hers on the car stereo. I guess that's it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a homeschooling mom who enjoys many things, but has time for very few, at the moment , at least.