Tuesday, December 04, 2007


Funny Tuesday


Not to be confused with Fat Tuesday or Funny Friday; Largely because I am afraid I will forget by then.


1. Trinity is in the next level of AWANA this year. When she came to memorizing the books of the New Testament, I considered whether we should go ahead and start when she had 3 other sections ready to say. But then, I thought about the fact that she is the 8th child to go through this level and that we have successfully worn out 2 "Wee Sing Bible songs" tapes. Now we own the CD. I thought maybe she might have learned the books by osmosis or association or something. So I started the VERY familiar song of the New Testament books, waiting for her to join in, " Matthew, Mark..."

Trinity, " ......April, May."

2. As we worked on our phonics today, We went over serveral letters. If you have met my children, you are aware that they do NOT have use of the letter "R" during their early years(up until about 8, for most of them.) I am not sure why this is. I blamed it on the fact we lived in England for the first 3. I cannot figure out why the others do it. The neurologist I consulted when Savannah did this so late(yes, I was a little more aggressive with my firstborn) explained that this is the last sound English speaking children develop. ANYHOW, Trinity is following the same pattern (but, Grant is not), so we worked in saying R, R,Rabbit, covered "T, S, E," you get the idea. Then we came to "th" which she consistently says as "S". SO I showed her (again) how to but her tongue between her teeth and encouraged her to practice. She did, and then said" Th, Th, thrabbit!."


No comments from the peanut gallery on my homeschooling style please!


For those terribly interested in our family, Savannah and Ben have added to Trinity's version of the New Testament book/months of the year song.


Matthew, Mark, April, May, Acts and the letter to the Romans, June July, August, September, Galatians and Ephesians....October and November, First and Second Thessalonians, First and second Timothy, December, January, Hebrews and the book of James, February , March, First and Second ,Third John, Jude and Revelation!

3 comments:

MissShell said...

Okay, okay, I'm laughing!
When my sister was working as a music therapist in the school system with special ed children, I asked what the kids called her. She said, "well usually the kids say Miss and the first letter of the first name. ( like I would be miss M :O) But of course since her name is Robin Williams and R being the most difficult letter to say.... and, um 'double u' being the second most difficult letter to say; she said they just called her 'Wobin'!

Chastains said...

It's a good thing my kids don't have to say "Laura", but funny when Japanese people say it.

Anonymous said...

Funny----you have me sitting here trying to say "laura" japanese style. By the way, I loved Trinity's version! Ha. :)

About Me

My photo
I am a homeschooling mom who enjoys many things, but has time for very few, at the moment , at least.