Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Though it is wordless Wednesday, I will put words on here. I have not been sick or extrememly busy. ( Although, Joel and Ivy have been working nonstop on research papers that were due today.) I have been apathetic. I have suffered from PPD after past pregnancies, and thought I had gotten away clean this time. After all, my baby is 5 months old and finally a pudgy baby I can take places. I KNOW I suffer from SADD is that the right terminology?), but , to be honest, it is fairly sunny here, and I get out everyday. It does happen that Savannah took the 3 little girls with her to Memphis. It was strangely quiet and slow. The van broke down, and the car was on its last legs as rain threatened. But I hate to be so selfish and be all about me.
How to explain depression and NOT be so prideful? It is such a self-serving affliction. I do not always recognize it. But it is VERY hard to make rational decisions(ok, any at all) in the midst. Where does the Love of God fit in? There are things you know in your head, but you don't quite believe them. And you don't really care.
I don't mean to write such a depressing blog. We are all well, and have had several visits from friends, as well as a few completely unexpected blessings, for which we are thankful. We are fed and clothed and together.
I have not even written my Christmas newsletter yet. My excuse is that Savannah has the pix I want to use on her camera. Hold up your hand if you want a Christmas newsletter from me. All opposed ? JK, I will get around to it soon, I hope. Don't forget, tomorrow is St. Lucia day!

2 comments:

Hynson Family Notes said...

Laura,
I am sorry to hear that you have been blue. Though I never suffered through PPD I did go through a period of depression after we returned to the states and life became so different for us. It can be difficult for others, and even for us, to understand as we walk through it. I pray that you will be given strength for your days with joy in each one. On a lighter educational note- you and Melinda are going to have to clue me in on much of the advent stuff. I had to look up St. Lucia Day. Interesting reading. Remember, I was raised pentacostal/assemblies of God. If it isn't mentioned specifically in the bible, they don't do it.

Momma Tammi said...

I'm sorry too that you are feeling blue. You know that I can relate all too well. I'll be praying for God to fill your heart with the peace that passeth all understanding as well as that joy unspeakable that just bubbles over simply because He lives in your heart.

About Me

My photo
I am a homeschooling mom who enjoys many things, but has time for very few, at the moment , at least.