Friday, September 21, 2007

Wish I had something hysterical to say for a Friday Funny. But I can't think of one. Not that funny things aren't happening, I just neglected to keep track.



Is this funny? Today after Grant neglected to do his business (#2) in the potty for the second time in an hour, he wanted to sit on his potty chair. It is the standard one sold in the store. I guess the removable boy shiled got lost too much, so now they come molded to the seat. Unfortunately, they are TOO short. so, although he was sitting on his potty when he peed, it went all over his legs and the floor. He was very upset. What to do? He DID pee ON the potty! Maybe you just find this disgusting. But it IS kind of funny.



If you have been reading Jennifers posts(how on earth do you find time to be on the computer so much?), you know that her discussions have been quite probing and there has been much depth of "conversation." SO, along those lines, I have a question. I was asked last week to defend the idea of predestination.



"If everyone who is(or will be) saved was already chosen before time began, why bother witnessing or sharing the gospel?"





I will tell you my answer after I have some input. The reason is, this is actually something I have been thinking about and was surprised to be asked point blank. I'd like to give the person who asked some other answers. I have tended to be more Armenian(or is that the spelling for the people group?) in doctrine, but always reformed, and charismatic, though we certainly did not call it that 20+ years ago(ouch!). I have explored Calvinism many times, but this was one of the sticking points for me. Among Baptists there are many points of view between these 2 extremes. This particular question was posed by someone I did not even know, but will see again.



There is a lot of scripture to back up these varied viewpoints, and each one must let the Holy Spirit guide their answers.



Another thing I learned this week, <3>



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's called functioning on a couple of hours of sleep each night. I stay up way too late--like right now it is after 1:30 in the orning and I usually get up around 5:45. Insane, I know.
The "P" in TULIP is actually for perseverence of the saints, if I am not mistaken. I believe the part you are trying to defend is the limited atonement. That is where most people get hung up.
My first response would be that 1.the gospel must be proclamated---God could save people without us but He chooses to use us. Which is why we preach the Gospel. Secondly, Jesus will not return until of His lost sheep have been found---since we do not know who the "elected" are, we must witness so that they can be saved thus, hastening Jesus' return.
This was just off the top of my head.....I'll have to think about it some.(besides, it's really late too) I'll be back to post again.

About Me

My photo
I am a homeschooling mom who enjoys many things, but has time for very few, at the moment , at least.