Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Bet you thought I fell off the face of the earth! No, I got the flu. so , I could do Nothing for a day. Do you know how backed up you get when that happens? I felt off kilter until yesterday. As usual, the weekend was busy and fun, and I left the camera filled with new batteries at home!
I got ALL the kids up and went to Ben's race Saturday morning because Michael had to work. He got his best time ever, 16:43! Ivy ran the open with a time of 21:46! In case these numbers have little meaning for you, it was a 5K race(3.1 miles). Ben placed 12th in the district. And I forgot the camera! We are excited for him to do even better this weekend at regionals.
Later we went to Farm day. It was put on by a local church out on a farm(imagine that) and it was free! Food, games, pony rides, petting zoo, a scavenger hunt. And we got the chance to participate in an attempt for a Guiness Book of World Records hayride!
At church, we had a special speaker. This is the strange part. Apparently, long after I had to leave the service (due to small children), the speaker said he had a message for "Laura". I had never even seen this fellow before. Honestly, I did not believe my husband when he said I was to talk to the speaker. When I did, He told me that God wanted him to tell me not to worry, that Dawn was coming. I am still not sure what to think about this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

???
Dawn, a little girl? a friend you haven't seen? someone "with a word" for you?

Dawn, a time of day when light shines and newness is promised?

Dawn, a mindset of clarity?

Who knows?

Anonymous said...

Hey was this at Dr. Buckelew's farm? He did the circ for Myles since he was in NICU and was not able to get it done in the hospital. I grew up going to Farm Day and took the kids when we were staying there. It has grown so much over the years, it's been amazing.
If it was at Dr.B's place, you can know that it was indeed a message from God. (we Baptists tend to shy away from prophetic messages and such, or atleast FBC is that way)
I hope that it encouraged you----God has not forgotten about you Laura Chastain! :) Sorry you were sick. I've been in Blog hiding---I have nothing to say except-----YES, I am still pregnant and waiting for Baby M to come.

About Me

My photo
I am a homeschooling mom who enjoys many things, but has time for very few, at the moment , at least.