Monday, November 26, 2007




We had a crazy busy Thanksgiving week! Just when I thought I might be able to check my email, blog, etc, I discovered that an enterprising relative ahd loaded a virus onto our computer and just about killed it! (well, rendered it useless for several days, at least). I felt totally bereft. I did not realize how addicted I had become to expressing my thoughts and reading other people's blogs.

Savannah is home! In the end, I went to pick her up instead of Michael. I decided that would be better than the consequences of leaving me home with the children! I had just had one of those days when mom needs to take a step back. Please continue to pray for Savannah to really KNOW what she needs to do next.

Ben enjoyed racing in the pre-nationals, but had a terrible cold on the actual day. The rest of us stayed here and continued to visit. I hope to post pictures a little later. Savannah took some pictures of me that are not a total loss.
Menu: Smoked Turkey, Ham, dressing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, pineapple casserole, green bean casserole(2 kinds), sweet potato casserole, homemade rolls, pumpkin pie, raspberry ribbon pie, chocolate swirl cheesecake and pumpkin cheescake dip with gingersnaps.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss celebrating holidays with your family. We just pulled out the Christmas tree and thought of you guys when we took out Brett's cow ornament.

Miss you guys and am glad that Savannah made it safely home!

Anonymous said...

Awe how we miss Thanksgiving with the Wastain Family. It looks like the good old days! God bless you all!

Anonymous said...

SO GLAD all of you could spend Thanksgiving together -- definitely something to be thankful for. Meanwhile, Mike's other brother (Andy) showed up at my parents' house in the mountains when we all thought he was in Cairo! SWEET! Thanks for posting the pics. I've blogged a lot today as I couldn't work much on the computer at my folks' (dial-up). I, too, have become addicted to the whole blogging thing. Miss y'all! Yay, Ben! Welcome Home, Savannah! Glad to see the Wades in the pics, too!

Anonymous said...

I just tagged you on my Blog for a meme!

Hynson Family Notes said...

I bet you loved having Savannah home. How long is she able to stay? Your table looks full of joy and the menu sounds scrumptious. Caitlynne is Krystal's best friend. They met at the end of seventh grade and have been inseperable since eighth. About three years ago the girls dubbed her our "middle daughter" and it stuck. It sort of feels that way for all of us.

About Me

My photo
I am a homeschooling mom who enjoys many things, but has time for very few, at the moment , at least.