Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Ok, My friend Jennifer "tagged" me for 8 random things in a "meme". Somebody please tell me what that is and what I am supposed to do about it!

Meanwhile: 8 random things about me:

!. I really don't like dresses unless the skirts are long and "swirly".

2. Whistling(other people's) physically HURTS me.

3. I was adopted at 4 months in New Orleans where my dad went to Seminary. The same Seminary my husband now attends.

4. I drink British tea every morning, and don't really care for coffee.

5. I ran cross country and track in high school, too.

6. Michael and I do NOT like cats and can barely tolerate dogs(other people's). I always say I kill plants, and pets overwhelm me. It is all I can do to keep the kids alive. It's a slight exaggeration, but true, nonetheless.

7. I am not a big movie watcher, I just can't stand to sit still that long. But I love to read.

8. I lived in Vietnam as a child, where my parent were missionaries, and it colors my world. For instance, it has much to do with my "pack rat" instinct. Having lost all I owned once, I hold on to everything, and let my children do the same.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting that Ben and Ivy are running now---a family legacy. :)

I didn't know you weren't a cat fan---I despise cats. They walk in litter boxes of poop. Yuck.

I never realized you weren't a movie watcher either.

Anonymous said...

1. To go along with 2 of your random things, my sister is currently in the process of adopting a baby, from Vietnam. Can't wait.

2. I am a tea drinker, too, don't care for coffee, either.

3. I know what you mean about sitting still. I used to could do it, but I can't really anymore. Stuff to do... I RARELY watch tv for the same reason. Sometimes I'll just put a movie in, like maybe a holiday movie, and listen to it while I run around the house. Close enough.

I always enjoy "random" things and thoughts. I always feel like I know someone better... and it's fun to see what we have in common. Thanks for sharing!

Chastains said...

That is it exactly, I am too busy to just sit. I do the same thing, put onn a movie and then run around getting bit and pieces.

Anonymous said...

Boy, you two need to learn to sit still!! :) No problem for me---I'm a definite Mary and not a Martha.

About Me

My photo
I am a homeschooling mom who enjoys many things, but has time for very few, at the moment , at least.