Tuesday, November 13, 2007






Yesterday I spent the morning rearranging different bedrooms and ultimately the garage to make room for Savannah. She just needs a more private place than the schoolroom! It is slightly annoying that we have no attic. I guess the upside is, we can see all our junk at a glance in the garage, so we can't let it just build up.



In the afternoon, we went out to a beach in the next town over, on the island. It did not seem a big deal at the time, but Trinity got caught in a riptide, and Joel's Friend Will waded in to save her. Just makes me think. She was innocently playing a game of fetch the stick with the waves, and wandered into a dangerous area. I did not even realize she was in trouble until I saw her slightly overwhelmed by the water. I called to her to stand up, thinking she had fallen over. Will just came right in and lifted her up. I did not have time to react. The look on her face, and the degree to which she clung to his neck showed how scared she really was.



Of course this made me think about how often we do this same thing. We become complacent and caught up in our "game". It is too late when we realize that we cannot get ourselves out of the mess we are in. Sometimes we cannot even ask for help. How much more aware of his surroundings is our FATHER? I am thankful today for His omnipresence and omniscience.






Joel and Will

For more pix see: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=30009&l=40609&id=725730929

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=30005&l=aa792&id=725730929

May you be blessed with the knowledge of his encompassing protection!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a homeschooling mom who enjoys many things, but has time for very few, at the moment , at least.