Monday, February 25, 2008

I have often wondered how our family got selected to be one of those that things just naturally go wrong, or not exactly right. It was a running joke while in Japan to beware of the 'Chastain vacation." I am reminded of an incident as recently as September, at Cassie's wedding when Kristin inadvertently broke the key off in the ignition of the car I had parked in the pull through driveway directly after Trinity misplaced the diaper bag containing ALL the diapers and wipes, and did I mention the baby had a dirty diaper? You get the idea.

The past couple of weeks we have been reading through Job. He really has a lot to say about this topic!

Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him: I will surely defend my ways to his face. Job 13:15

But he said to me, " My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore will I boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

We are reading the NIV family walk Bible. Of course, the kids have all kinds of versions. The devotional provided for today says this: God's grace is not a magic wand that changes our circumstances or gets us out of tough situations. Instead, his grace strengthens our faith to believe his promises. By his grace the Holy Spirit assures us that God loves us and is working in our lives--------even in times of difficulty.

A great reminder!


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a homeschooling mom who enjoys many things, but has time for very few, at the moment , at least.