Sunday, October 07, 2007



First of all, if you are reading this on a MAC of some sort, please tell me if you can read this color any better.




I started this blog just to put up pictures of the kids and let friends(b/c my family does not usually read this) keep up with what was going on. I was not praticularly regular, and still have spurts of keeping up. I always thought a journal, or diary was a great idea, but I am a great starter and lousy finisher.




I have noticed that many people use blogs as a daily devotional and journal; More of a probing of their own thoughts and feelings. Whenever I do that, I feel like I am preaching. And you may have noticed that I am not a great typist. This is largely because I am usually typing one handed, sitting sideways and juggling a nursing/screaming baby in the other. I am not normally given to eloquence, and I hate to feel like I said something just to get approval.




I enjoy reading people who are able to pontificate without the same feelings of self serving that I have. I am certain they are genuine. Not so sure about me some of the time. I wanted to write, and did in high school and some in college. Not that I was great, but I really enjoyed the challenge. Like the poem I wrote last year for the contest on a mother's job. At first I was just writing a poem for the sake of being different. One day I said" It's not as if I am trying to write in iambic pentameter or something. " So then, of course I had to try. And I did it!




I guess it is partly a lack of sleep, partly the pressure of getting everything done in a day. I feel guilty for "wasting" my time on the computer when there are dishes, laundry and life going on. I am sure I put most of this on myself. I hope to eventually b e able to contribute more than just pictures and explanations, but for now, please enjoy.




Joel has waited his whole life to play tackle football. We are so glad he made the team. they are undefeated thus far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura,
I love looking at your blog just to see the kids - how the ones we knew are growing and how adorable the ones we haven't met are. I too have thought about blogging just to keep up with family and distant friends but, like you, don't want to come across as preachy or seeking the approval of others. And you know how quickly I can slide onto my high horse without even realizing it. I think that is one of the things God continues to work in me, and it helps me to remember that sanctification is a continuing process that lasts for our lifetime. I digress. My point is - when you have written more than just pictures for the kids, I have enjoyed it. I think that whatever God lays on your heart you should post. It will be edification for someone. You have a wonderful heart and a strong mind, and your children are not the only ones who would benefit from it.
In Him,
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura,
Thank you for the dark blue---I don't have to pull out my magnifying glass to read your Blog now. :) If I read it on Brett's laptop, I have no problem and the template is different than when I read it on my MacBook or iMac. Who knows why.....
I enjoy reading or looking at your Blog too. That's the beauty of Blogging, we all have our own styles and personalities. I agree with Leslie that you should write what God lays on your heart. I write for my own self and if I begin to write for anyone other than me, then its time to quit Blogging. I just recently discovered that my PAstor reads my Blog regularly---my first reaction was I better "censor" what I write and of course, my thought was "No way" I am who I am and sometimes I "open mouth and insert foot" but the Holy Spirit convicts me and uses what I write to process my thoughts. I've never been a people pleaser and struggled with approval from others---sometimes that's a bad thing. Anyhow, keep blogging--I am reading and looking and enjoying!
BTW, if you could see me type you'd laugh. My mom was making fun of me too. She was laughing how I type with two fingers---I have no baby in my lap that I am nursing either!! :) Keep it up Laura and post when you can---raising our littles is a season----a very long one it seems. :)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a homeschooling mom who enjoys many things, but has time for very few, at the moment , at least.