Tuesday, October 23, 2007










Savannah has been such an encouragement to me lately. She has consistently reminded me of praises we have to offer and how God has always shown Himself faithful. Oh to see with the unjaded eyes of youth!








Please pray that God will show her the next step. When she returns from Australia, she will have enough credits to graduate. She is an awesome photographer, but wants to do more than portrait work(though she is great at that, too.) She will not have a job, and will have to decide whether to return to her grandparent's house or move back in with us. You know we would love to have her back, but we want the best for her, too.








If you have not seen her Australia blog, check it out at: http://chazphoto.blogspot.com/








I must say it is so fulfilling to see her maturity, and participate in these steps in her life. I pray for the wisdom to lead and guide the rest of children to know the Lord the way she does.








I saw a message on her facebook from a girl she knew in the early high school years. How my heart swelled when this girl thanked Savannah for telling her gossip was wrong so long ago! SO, I guess , lately, Ivy and Savannah have been my "proof" if you will. Now about those boys................ I think I will have to leave that for another blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was a beautiful post. I can't imagine coming to that stage of life yet... but then again, I couldn't have imagined having a 13 year old, 13 years ago.

"The unjaded eyes of youth..." I find myself walking a line these days with Courtney. I don't want to rain on her parade quite yet... but she is so naive and innocent. It still surprises her when people are mean to her, but I never am. Have I told you this before? Forgive any repetition. I am torn between sparing her pain by telling her "the way it is," and protecting her spirit a little bit longer. So, I wait. Life has a way of teaching us these things, somehow, between the ages of 13 and 37.

Thanks so much for your insightful comments on marriage over at my blog! Loved it all. I just wrote back about how I remember that phase very clearly - the "hands off!" that hit every night when they were little. I only have the 3, so we are moving out of that now. Now I'm in the "no more talking! I need some QUIET!" phase. And the "I need a little SPACE" phase! :) But it has its advantages, too, definitely. I can't imagine experiencing all of that at once. One of my really good friends here has 8 of her own, so I get a close-up view. She does a great job and she's taught me a lot. It's very sanctifying, being a mommy!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a homeschooling mom who enjoys many things, but has time for very few, at the moment , at least.