Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Today I noticed a small card on the floor. I guess it fluttered off of my husband's packed dresser top. When you move, the strangest things pop out. They don't have a regular home because everything in the house is out of its usual place. You don't want to get rid of it...............yet, or maybe you will. But while you are deciding it should go.....................where?
I know that at this point you are probably thinking that it was a baby card, old birthday card or maybe a business card to someone we no longer have contact with.

Nope.
It was a Mork and Mindy bubblegum card! I am probably really showing my age, now. I thought that show was hilarious in junior high(or was it earlier?). I loved the absudity of it. How the world looked so strange to Mork. I understood how he always expected the best from people and did not understand deception. He took things literally, like at least one of my children(nicknamed "Amelia Bedelia") does!

I probably have 10-15 cards. I used to have Star Wars cards(the originals), but I think I gave them to the boys. I'd scan some in so you could laugh along with me at the craziness, but, I have no scanner, at least not hooked up to this computer. In the meantime, Nanu-Nanu!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Laura---never watched Mork and Mindy nor have I seen the bubblegum card either. :)
BTW, how's Melinda? I haven't heard from her in awhile on my site or on yours. Is she okay?

Anonymous said...

I remember Mork and Mindy! I always loved her ponytail! :) You have a great little blog here. You manage to speak volumes in few words, which is admirable and delightful to read. It's the sign of a clear mind, I think. Evidently mine is not clear, but you know, everyone has to have a goal. :) I'm working on it!

Chastains said...

I have never thought I had a clear mind, but thanks. I love your gathering grace blog. someone else compared you to Beth Moore. I agree. You have the ability to describe things so vividly. It is a joy to read.

Hynson Family Notes said...

Oh my goodness. Robin Williams before all the crud. That was such a funny show. Do you remember the first time he was on Happy Days? Too Funny. Wait; Am I showing my age again?
Nanu-Nanu
Leslie

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a homeschooling mom who enjoys many things, but has time for very few, at the moment , at least.