Tuesday, October 02, 2007



I have really been thinking about being PRESENT lately. It is so easy for me to get caught up in the urgent, or the next thing going on(ie:getting supper ready, etc), that I am not in the moment. These somewhat philosophical discussions can consume my thought if I am not careful. I am trying hard to be very aware.




For instance, last week, I was tired and the baby was cranky at the end of a day. It was an ordeal just getting the younger ones to bed. They asked for a story, and I said no because it was too late in the evening already. As I sat there a few minutes later, I realized that the person I had just modeled was not the person I wanted to be. SO, I called the requester down and told her that although tonight had not worked out, to keep asking. That I truly WANTED to read a story, just not when the baby is screaming.




This is the everyday stuff that burns in the mind. How I want my children to remember and KNOW that they were loved and that Christ was our focal point.




Last week we celebrated Joel's birthday and then my parents were here for part of the day. Trin elected herself photographer. Watch out, Savannah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful that the children seem to forget those times when we act like that and remember the good days and times we share with them.
Too funny about Trinity---maybe she wants a semester in Australia too!! :)
Tell Joel happy belated B-day!!

Chastains said...

more pix on my facebook.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a homeschooling mom who enjoys many things, but has time for very few, at the moment , at least.