Thursday, October 18, 2007

Ivy ran a great race yesterday and finished 3rd! Her time was 13:37 for 2 miles! SO glad to finish the season on a high note.

I had great plans to make chicken casserole for dinner tonight, but somehow I only had 2 lonely chicken legs in the freezer. I DID have one pound of ground beef left, and half a bag of tatertots. Can you believe my children were delighted to hear we were having "tater tot Cassie-role" . Our dear friend Cassie loves this dish. Ours is not the same version as the Duggars. In fact, it is rarely the same version even at our house!

Just in case you are wondering, we had a guest at dinner.

I am currently in panic mode because I signed up to host team dinner for Ben's cross country team tomorrow. Is the house clean? NO! Who has time?

I'll let you know how it goes when I recover! It is also AWANA Grand prix weekend.

I planned to post pix, and took quite a few, but right now I am unable to load them. I will try again later this weekend.

Ok, funny Tatertot story.

When we lived in Okinawa, we went to a fellowship dinner every Friday night. One week, I was making this casserole. I got most of it together and had to run upstairs to shower or dress a baby, you get the idea. I left Evan (then 11 or12) to complete the dish and pop it in the oven. When I returned, there were crumbs all over the dining room table. When I asked him why, he said" Oh, that is where I dumped out the fish sticks."
"Why?" I asked dazedly.
"TO count them and put half on the casserole like you said."
"Please tell me you did not put fish sticks on the tater tot casserole!"
"No, I realized they were not tater tots, Mom, did you know that 52 is exactly half of a bag of tater tots?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Ivy that is great!! She's fast. I am impressed. We tried to get Megan to do CC but she said no, she'd rather stick to one sport. I hope Ivy continues to run---I personally hate to run. Tell her she runs faster than Brett. :)
Thankfully, kids don't tend to see the mess like we do. I am sure the CC team will have fun---you were always great about hosting people. I really admire that in you.
I didn't get the tater tot story---I admit, I am a little slow when it comes to humor. That is probably why I tend to be so serious all the time.
I am feeling better now. Brett has the kids and they should be down sometime tomorrow late afternoon or evening.It's been a really overwhelming 24 hours---I now almost feel sick from all the stress. Thank you for your e-mail----I knew you'd understand. Raising a large family has challenges that make it difficult to discuss some of the challenges with some people.

Chastains said...

Ben is a one sport guy. Ivy, however, also plays soccer. I guess because that was Savannah's sport. Anna is anxious to play soccer, too, and she hates to run.

Chastains said...

The tater tot story was just Evan being weird. I mean, if I said put about half the bag of tater tots on top of the casserole, would you dump the bag out on the table and COUNT them? He did. AFTER he dumped out the fishsticks. Maybe I should have explained better.

Anonymous said...

Too funny!! That's me too, I take things literally. :)
How is Evan?

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a homeschooling mom who enjoys many things, but has time for very few, at the moment , at least.