Friday, April 11, 2008





Happy really late Birthday Jeanette!

Jeanette reigns as resident princess in our very common household. Until she was born, I did not realize that being a princess was a personality trait! She even came with a special "voice" that we call the "munchkin" speech. In a world of "I can do it myself" attitude, she can be hesitant and dainty, but never shy.
We considered naming her "Jillian" because we just liked it. But how do you go about explaining to your children the process of naming them after much-loved relatives and people of the Bible, that each name has great meaning and significance, and then tell the SEVENTH one that you just liked it. Plus, the meaning of Jillian was less than stellar. It means hairy one!
I always liked the name Jeanette, but steered away from it because, as a child, I had named my favorite baby doll that name. In fact, we STILL own that doll. However, the name Jeanette means "gift of God", and it is a form of John. John was Michael's brother and passed away in 1995. Her middle name is ALMOST the name of her grandmother. Wynne is just missing the "G" and means pure. In an interesting turn of events, when she gets really high pitched and "munchkiny" we call her Jeanette Whiny and tell her that is her name, after all. Please know it is a family joke, and in no way mean.
For her birthday, we held a quiet "Pink and Purple" Party where we colored princess pictures, answered Princess questions and got pedicures.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun b'day party!

Tell Netto happy birthday from all of us. Mr. Andy especially says HI to BOO!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

I love seeing simple yet WONDERFUL birthdays! Thanks so much for sharing. PURPLE and pink were my favorite colors growing up. I steet away from Pink now but will forever love purple!

Better late than never, I will ALWAYS say! :)

Hynson Family Notes said...

Every family must have a princess :-). It's like an unwritten requirement.
The party looks like a lot of fun.
Happy late birthday Netto. Does anyone call her that anymore?

Chastains said...

We DO still call her Netto and Nette.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jeanette!

You are getting so big!

About Me

My photo
I am a homeschooling mom who enjoys many things, but has time for very few, at the moment , at least.