Monday, April 07, 2008


Howdy! I have a friend who greets me this way via email. It is always a fun way to say hello. I like to say "ALOHA!" when I answer the phone because my children are supposed to say a predetermined greeting, and that way callers SHOULD know it is me. However, even my husband has asked, "Where is your mom?" Of course, I say, "In Tennessee, I believe, but I can check on that if you like!"

In any case, consider yourself welcome back to my erstwhile neglected blog. Lots has gone on, and then, not so much. Mostly, I have just not felt inclined to chain myself to the computer for the block of time it would take to type and read blogs. It was spring break, and the first one in years when we have not gone anywhere, even on day trips. We had a good week, but I felt mildly discombobulated at not having a PLAN! Our friend Mike once jokingly called me a control freak. I have been informed that there is a hint of truth in eveything that is said. There IS some truth in that, I believe, if only a need for order.

Another issue with me getting back to being online was the start of a garden of sorts. My mother-in-law helped us choose some plants and we got started planting them in containers and existing beds that needed TLC. In chopping the ground vigorously, I was subjected to an especially severe episode of carpal tunnel. I had enjoyed nearly a year and a half of minmal discomfort, but this time the pain was not fun, to say the least. Who wants to type with all that going on?

Next I plan to do Jeanette's birthday post(it will be two weeks late by then), then on to other news. Also, my memory card in my camera died and the one we had on hand does not hold much! So pix will be few and far between. Thanks to those who said they missed me, nothing could have made me feel more loved and appreciated!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course we missed you! Glad to see a post---even if I had to come hound you on Facebook to make sure you were okay! :)

Hope your hand is feeling better soon! And Happy Birthday to "Boo"! Thought of your family when we watched Monsters Inc. the other night.

Anonymous said...

It is always a blessing to read about what you guys are up to. I myself need to update my blog again. It is so much easier to read than to write for me. I feel silly. Our life is boring. But then again it isn't. Anyways Good to see you are back and feeling a bit better. God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear from you.

I, too, have been away from my computer more than usual. Things to do. Spring is that kind of season.

Anonymous said...

glad you are doing better! i've missed you!

Anonymous said...

tell ben and ivy that marti has had NO soda since the fall. she is loving her hurdle-jumping.

About Me

My photo
I am a homeschooling mom who enjoys many things, but has time for very few, at the moment , at least.